Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My worst headache ever...

Since Tuesday I have had a migraine. I tuesday night, I got a bad migraine. The ones that after a while you feel so nauseous you vomit. So around midnight I started vomitting. After a while I stopped, drank some water and got some shut-eye. The next morning, my migraine felt like it was gone, but my head still felt a little sore. Like it was sore from being so painful. So I went on with my day with a headache. I started to notice that my vision was getting bad that day, but I didn't think too much of it. Yesterday I woke up and my head felt even worse and my vision was still bad. I started to also notice that I had pressure in my left ear and other weird symptoms. I called my mom and she said I have to go to the ER. The problem with this is...our insurance only covers the Richland Hospital. So, around midnight I had to drive to Richland Center, about two hours away. So, I got to the hospital and registration took forever. Which to me doesn't sound like it should take 20 minutes for registration in a medicial emergency. But maybe I'm wrong. :/ So, I got into the doctor where we talked about my history with migraines. They gave me the most painful shot I've ever had in my life and a pill for nausea. All the shot did was make my leg hurt as much as my head. I went to bed around 3:00 am. Today, I woke up still will my head hurting. My mom made me an appointment immediately in urgent care. When I got there today, I had to talk to another doctor and get blood taken. The doctor still isn't sure what is going on, because my blood looked normal. So tomorrow, I have to go back to the doctor to see if I need a spinal tap to release pressure in my back and head. I hope I get better asap, because this is the WORST headache I have ever had.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that must suck to have that bad of a headache. I've never had anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does suck. Have you fallen recently and hit your head that you can recall? It's good that you had gotten it checked out right away incase it was something serious. Hopefully you feel better and can they can figure out what is wrong. Try to have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is horrible, I have never had a miagraine so I can not even imagine. Hopefully the doctor figures out what is wrong because it seems really serious. With that bad of a headache I can't imagine even working or going to class, are you able to concentrate?

    ReplyDelete